Einstein News October 29, 2015
- Please look for your child’s report of student progress in today’s home and back. Please read the information and celebrate your child’s success! This is yours to keep.
- We had a wonderful time at the overnight! Thank you to those of you who helped prepare for our overnight and those of you who helped us throughout the night!
- Donna Wade will be the long-term substitute for Mrs. Beckman during her maternity leave. Mrs. Wade was the substitute for Mrs. Najera during her maternity leave. She is a former preschool teacher and is excited for the opportunity to join us! Mrs. Wade will join us in early November.
· The fifth graders are hosting a Fall Carnival tomorrow! Please see the attached flyer for all the important information regarding his event.
· The following is a very important note from Mr. Joslin regarding admission to Mayo for next year.
The application window for PK students opens on Monday, November 9. Applications should be available online at that date. Parents should visit http://www.tulsaschools.org/enroll for additional information. Incoming PK students of current Mayo students receive sibling preference. However, you MUST still complete the online application by the deadline on Friday, January 15. Existing parents will need to obtain a letter from Mr. Joslin before submitting the application. You should also email or call Mrs. Jennings in the office and let her know the name of the sibling applying. (email@example.com) The lottery will be held on Wednesday, February 4 at Thoreau at 6:00PM. You do not have to be present. Notification letters are scheduled to be sent out Thursday, February 11.
New parents must attend a tour of Mayo and obtain a letter signed by Mr. Joslin, which indicates that the parent attended the tour. These tours are for adults only. Please call the office (918-925-1500) to reserve a spot at one of the following tours:
We will be conducting separate tours for parents who are interested in any available slots for K-5 for next school year. The window for these applications is Monday, April 4 – Friday, April 22. We have not yet scheduled those tours.
- Our Thanksgiving lunch will be Tuesday, November 24th this is a tradition at Mayo. Parents, grandparents and friends are invited to eat a Thanksgiving lunch with your child. We will send more details later. We just wanted you to mark your calendar.
Library books and PAL are due tomorrow!
Dates for your calendar:
Nov. 6 Early Release Day/Spirit Day
Nov. 24 Thanksgiving Community Day and Lunch
Nov. 25- 29 Thanksgiving Break
Dec. 2 Picture Retakes/Family Pictures
Dec. 4 Early Release/Spirit Day
Dec. 17 Winter Parties
Dec. 19- Jan. 3 Winter Break